Paid Internships in Software Development, Data Analytics and Cyber Security
This internship program is designed to provide high school students enrolled in Jefferson, Lewis, and St. Lawrence county educational institutions, with opportunities to work at Keyes Information Technology. The program provides opportunities to explore careers in software development, data analytics, and cyber security while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. Students who successfully complete the program may be eligible for paid Summer positions.
- Current high school students enrolled in Jefferson, Lewis, and St. Lawrence county educational institutions, must have excellent analytical abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
How to Apply:
- Submit the following documents to Cassandra Chartrand at firstname.lastname@example.org with “KIT Internship” in the subject line:
- One letter of recommendation
- A one-page, single spaced letter of interest which addresses the following:
- Prior IT or computer related coursework & activities
- Prior and current extracurricular activities
- Expected graduation date
- Long-term career goals
Contact: Cassandra Chartrand
North Country Tech Pathways Scholarship
Awarded for the study of Computer Sciences at Jefferson Community College for the Fall 2019 semester
Scholarship opportunities extended to students in Jefferson and Lewis counties
The North Country Technology Pathways Scholarship Committee will be selecting two candidates to receive scholarships for study of Computer Sciences for the Fall 2019 semester at Jefferson Community College. These students also have the opportunity to intern at Keyes Information Technology for the duration of the scholarship with the possibility to transition to either a part-time or full-time position.
This scholarship is intended to provide students in the North Country an alternative to the traditional 4-year Bachelor’s degree pathway. The program aims to provide students in the region the tools required to become successful and highly competitive in the IT job sector upon completion of their Associates degree. The scholarship committee hopes that providing young adults within the region with the opportunity to become successful in field of Information Technology that we can help stop the outflow of young talent in the region and help develop a sector of the local economy which could yield long-term development.
“The IT sector is facing a significant labor shortage, with the vast majority of these jobs being remote them can be performed anywhere in the US” Rod Castillo, CEO of Keyes Information Technology LLC said. “With the correct guidance, we can help local students acquire the skills necessary to fill these roles and find high compensation employment, all without ever leaving the North Country.”
The North Country Pathways Scholarship is funded by Keyes Information Technology LLC in cooperation with Jefferson Community College.
The deadline to apply for a North Country Technology Pathways Scholarship for study in the fall semester of 2019 is May 10, 2019.
Contact: Cassandra Chartrand
Senior Associate (Systems Security Engineer)
As an IT Security professional services provider, Keyes Information Technology is tasked to protect information assets in support of client business objectives and in conformity with client policies. The position is that of an experienced Systems Security Engineer responsible for the creation of client deliverables (e.g. documents, working code, deployed security infrastructure) in support of KIT client engagements. KIT client engagements activities include creation and rollout of software security policies and best practices, software security architecture, software security scanning, penetration testing and the education of client software developers and testers in security best practices.
· 2 year degree in computer science, business administration, or related technical field (required).
· BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration, or related technical field or equivalent experience (desired).
· A minimum of 3 years of security application architecture, data security and code review experience.
· Must have general IT knowledge (applications development, testing, deployment, operations, documentation, standards, best practices, security, hardware, networking, OS, DBMS, middleware, etc.).
· Experience with secure application architecture, application intrusion and vulnerability penetration testing, secure coding practices, J2EE/.NET/Web Services Architecture and code review
· Experience in identifying and validating application vulnerabilities at both an architectural and source code level.
· Must have strong skills in networking (TCP/IP, topology & security), operating systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux, Citrix, Midrange and Mainframe), databases, application security, web operations (internet security), and secure remote access capabilities.
· Ability to coordinate the efforts of multiple internal and external cross-functional teams to perform thorough audit processes.
· Must have excellent analytical abilities,
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Assess current practices and identify and implement relevant policies to ensure state of the art development practices as they relate to security.
• Influences the selection of Software Security Assurance (SSA) program elements including supporting tools.
Contact: Michael Labbe